当前位置:首页 > 英语听力 > 入门听力 > 正文

美语情景对话 第167期:鬼魂 Ghosts

最新订阅内容:英语爱好者摘要:《美语情景对话》精心挑选各种场合对话,配以可可精心打造的同声字幕,让您在开阔眼界的同时也能够提高您的英语水平
28.7K

One of my favorite things to do when I was a little girl was to stay with my granddad,  我还是小女孩的时候,有一件最喜欢做的事情,那就是和我爷爷待在一起,
so I'd go to stay with him on the holidays,  所以一到假期我就去陪爷爷,
and he would often tell me stories, or sing songs for me,  他经常会给我讲故事,或者给我唱歌,
so I learned a lot from him,  因此我从他那里学到了很多,
but one of my favorite things, like I said was to listen to his stories and around Halloween sometimes,  而就像我说的,我最喜欢做的一件事情就是在万圣节的时候听他讲故事,
or if we asked him at other times when it was getting dark or a bit scary  如果在天黑的时候或者有一些害怕的时候让他讲故事,
we'd ask him to tell us a ghost story,  我们会让他给讲鬼故事,
so one of, yeah, one of the first ghost stories I remember was  对,其中我记得爷爷讲的第一个鬼故事,
him telling us about a time when he was quite young,  是在他非常年轻的时候,
I think he was in his early twenties maybe,  我认为大概是他二十岁出头的时候,
and he was already married  他马上就要结婚了,
but he went back to his parents house one night to just, to meet his family and friends,  有一天晚上他回到他父母家去见亲人和朋友,
have a game of cards maybe with friends who were gathered there,  他们和聚在那里的朋友一起玩了纸牌游戏,
so it got pretty late because they had been playing cards for a long time having some fun  他们玩了很长时间,玩得很高兴,所以时间有些晚,
so he didn't want to leave  他不想离开了,
and then eventually, he and his friends decided,  但是最终他和他的朋友们决定,
OK, we'd better leave and better go back home,  他们最好赶紧回家,
so the two of them were walking together towards their house  所以他们两个人一起往家的方向走去,
but in between his parents house and his new home they had to pass a graveyard,  但是就在位于他父母家和他新家中间的地方,他们要经过一个墓地,
so these two guys, young men, I suppose,  我猜,这两个年轻人
they weren't very happy with the idea of going past a graveyard very late at night,  对深夜路过墓地都有不好的想法,
because you know, they're lots of stories about ghosts and spirits hanging around at that time of night,  因为你知道,那时候有许多关于晚上出来游荡的鬼魂的故事,
so they were approaching the graveyard and they were a bit scared  所以他们在接近墓地的时候觉得有点害怕,
and they were wondering whether they should turn back or keep going.  他们在想他们是应该往回走还是应该继续向前走。
Be strong and brave about it.  他们坚强又勇敢。
So they were approaching the graveyard  所以他们继续靠近墓地,
and suddenly my granddad saw what he thought was a priest sitting on the wall.  突然我爷爷认为他看见了一个牧师坐在墙上。
So he say a man dressed in black, with a white collar,  他说他看见一个男人,穿着黑色的衣服,衣服领子是白色的,
and he was so frightened,  他当时害怕极了,
I mean, I can't imagine what he must have said at the time,  我的意思是,我都不能想象他当时说了什么,
but he and his friend were really, really scared,  不过他和他的朋友真的真的非常害怕,
and they were talking between themselves, "Oh, my God! What should we do? What should we do?"  他们之间的谈话是,“哦,我的天哪!我们要怎么办?我们要怎么办?”
but they were so frightened they couldn't move.  他们太害怕了,动都不能动。
So eventually, my granddad decided, OK, I'm just going to run for it.  最终,我爷爷决定,好吧,我要逃走。
I'm going to make a run for it.  我要逃走。
So all of a sudden, he decided and he just ran straight past the graveyard,  很突然地,他做出了决定然后直着跑过了墓地,
and then suddenly, this big dog came jumping down from the wall of the graveyard,  之后突然这个人从墓地的墙上跳了下来,
and my granddad was so scared,  我爷爷非常的害怕,
he was like screaming, and everything,  他能做的事情只有尖叫,
but as it turned out it was just a sheep dog that  但是最终他发现他在黑夜中看到的只是一只牧羊犬,
he'd seen so in the dark of night, in those days of no road lights and street lights or anything  在那些没有路灯的日子里,
what he'd actually seen with his friend was a black sheep dog with a white collar,  他和他朋友实际看到的只是一条戴着白色项圈的黑色牧羊犬,
so not a ghost after all.  所以根本就不是鬼。
 

英语爱好者|关于我们|联系我们|网站地图|在线问答|版权声明|帮助中心
英语爱好者 版权所有 © 2005-2014 闽ICP备14002683号-3